Sunday 31 January 2010

Sunday 31.1.10

I haven't had internet access hence the delay in updating my blog and I am only on dial up now, so bloomin slow and I won't update daily as a result.

We secured the rental we wanted in Penygroes and Dunk spent a hectic week and numerous phone calls between Rental agency and Insurance to secure the move asap. That moved occured on Thursday 28.1.10 and we have spent a very busy 4 days unpacking a miriad of boxes so much that Mum & Dad came over today to help take a whole load back to store in the garage at our 'proper' house as the rental is lovely but a lot smaller than we are used to.

Both Duncan's and my health have suffered and we have both had doctors appointments during the last week. Duncan is on medication, I am making do with wine although I was a complete cow to my sister on Wednesday 27.1 which is totally did not deserve and I am sorry.

Ryan has had several bad days and I have had a meeting with his SENCo at school who agrees this upset has had an impact on Ryan, but they have managed him so well and have been able to deal with him very effectively so that his meltdowns have not been too disruptive to him or the rest of the class. As a result Dunk is due to meet with a Lawyer next week to discuss our options. Owen bless him has been the most together in all of this and I credit him greatly for that.

Jo M has done an amazing job looking after Misty for us and she is now 'home' and our thanks also go to Mum & Dad for boarding Hunter for us; they bought him back to us today and I think they are a little sad to see him leave them but we are so grateful to have him back.

Jo D has been a superstar doing all our washing for us and even cooked casserole for our first night in the rental which was a huge help and she has looked after the boys on several occasions so Dunk and I can run errands. BFF.

Both Fujitsu and Halfway have been so supportive of us and have been very flexible in allowing us time to get organised and settled and I had a gorgeous bunch of flowers from Emma and Andrea which is a lovely house warming present and has already brightened up the living room. So hopefully we can now get back to some sort of normality.

We have also received the report from the Building Engineer outlining all the work that is required to make our house a home once more. It is really good and detailed and has now gone out to tender to the insurance approved list of builders so we need to wait and see which firm takes it on and at this stage have no idea when work is likely to start.

I will update again when I have this vital piece of information.




No comments:

Post a Comment