Saturday 17 April 2010

Saturday 17th April 2010


I went out today and got hit by a garlic bread and a frozen lasagne, guess it must be the fall out from Iceland.......

Not much has happened inside this week, the builders have used the fab weather to work on the outside; so the house is all rendered now apart from the damaged wall which will be done once the new window and door have been fitted. The scaffolding is down now so the house no longer looks like a crash site it looks like a house that is being renovated so I am a lot happier now about living in the rental as I can now see it as a holiday home and enjoy watching my real home getting closer and closer to being finished.

We have been living in the rental for 3 months next week so we are half way through our ordeal which again makes things easier to handle as we are now on the home-ward stretch. Ooohhh don’t I sound positive. It must be the sunshine. Or perhaps the wine....

On a separate note, Mum and Dad were due to fly back from Bangkok this evening and visit us on they way home tomorrow, but they emailed early this morning to say their flight had been cancelled until at least Wednesday because of the Icelandic Volcanic eruption. Total bummer. Nice for them getting an extra long holiday but I miss them loads. I don’t suppose they are too chuffed at the extra cost either as the insurance doesn’t cover natural disasters.

I am going to hide their passports when they get back because they have had several ‘incidents’ on their recent trips away.  In dads email to me he quoted “Bombs in Sri Lanka; Somali Pirates last year; now Volcanoes in Iceland. Can't we just have a simple holiday? 

Ho hum, makes for some interesting memories I suppose. LOL

Important: If you are shopping in Iceland this weekend, don’t forget to ask for some ash back.

ttfn.

No comments:

Post a Comment